Search This Blog

Love Notions Laundry Day Tee

If you are a member of the other facebook groups I'm in, you may have seen me say the Love Notions Laundry Day Tee is a good free patt...


If you are a member of the other facebook groups I'm in, you may have seen me say the Love Notions Laundry Day Tee is a good free pattern but it is NOT for me. And you may have thought to yourself, why?

So, let's do this. How can something be good, but not good for everyone. My problem with the LDT is strictly a style issue. It swings from the bust which means there is ZERO shaping under the bust.

Do you know what happens when a skinny person with a large bust wears a dress that swings from the bust? She looks heavy. REALLY heavy.

From top to bottom, the dress just keeps getting progressively larger. And it looks like I could have worn this dress when I was 30 lbs heavier. 30 lbs is a HUGE difference on my small frame.

This style is great for those that are trying to hide a tummy. It is great for those who are more rectangle shape and don't have the fabric project out far away from their body to imply that there is a belly under there. But there's no belly.

My bust projection (the distance from my underbust to the fullest part of my bust forward) is 3". That is 3" that the fabric is hanging away from my body. That makes my body look 3" larger all the way around. I'm sure we can agree there is a big difference between a 31" waist and a 37" waist.

Could I wear this anyway? Sure. But I try to stick to 2 types of clothing. The ones that are flattering and make me feel good about myself. And the ones that keep me warm and keep me from dying. This doesn't fit either of those categories. So it will be a hard pass from me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )